I know that King usually makes the writing contests around here but I won't be basing mine the same way, so you can do more than one competition per month! (This also allows King to participate in contest)
Hopefully this can help make people even better writers, if possible, and give some a challenge to their creativity.
Instead of being based on a certain theme to write about, as King's competition is, this competition will be about including certain wordings, sentences and circumstances into the story, poem or other form of literature to earn points.
Please do not be put off by the length of the rules or precepts as they are deceptively simple. The rules are mostly just common sense.
These will only be edited if found with flaws.
- The entries must be submitted by the end of the month by the latest timezone period.
- The entries can be made by any user.
- Only one entry per person.
- Judges cannot enter the competition.
- If there is not a clear winner then a set of judges will decide the winner.
- Entries must be appropriate to the wiki's rules.
- If you beat the set scores you will receive badges of this competition (to be designed)
- The winner will be decided by voting of all users, whether taking part or not along with the use (or not) of precept points.
- You cannot vote for yourself.
- Voting can start at any time but will end on the fifth of the next month.
- You may only vote once per person.
- For each precept point (represented by a bullet point below) followed you will receive a vote.
Entries (with user listed)
- 40 votes (Platinum)
- 30 votes (Gold)
- 20 votes (Silver)
- 10 votes (Bronze)
These will change with each competition.
It is to be stressed that although these can help they are not necessary to use.
These precepts gain 1 vote each
Each entry to include the words
Each entry to include the phrase
- "as if a beastly animal"
Each entry to include the act of
- someone being annoyed and awkward
Each entry to not contain
- the word "like"
- the word "dust"
- the word "grimace"
Special precepts earn 2.5 votes each.
Each entry to not include
- the letter w
- the letter d
- character names
Each entry to include
- something mysterious
Extreme precepts earn 5 votes each.
Each entry to
- be in a second person format
- include a word with each vowel in the order of a e i o u
Other than these precepts you are free to work within the rules.